Palm jaggery is almost like a jaggery that is made out of sugarcane juice. Palm jaggery is made from the sap extract of Palm Trees in Southern India.
These trees are also known as Toddy palm trees or Palmyra trees . The Jaggery is processed from the unfermented Palmyra tree sap.
Benefits of Palm jaggery
- Palm Jaggery is rich in calcium, iron and other useful vitamins and minerals.
- One of the tastiest and healthy products. It is used in the preparation of sweet dishes especially sweet pongal made with Thinai would be heavenly.
- The medicinal properties in it makes it a unique product that can be used by people of all ages.
- It may be used sufficiently by people who suffer from diabetes.
- It is used as a substitute of sugar in the preparation of coffee, tea, etc.
- Panakam or Juice is prepared by adding black pepper and palm jaggery, to a glass of water. Sometimes a pinch of cardomom(elaichi) is also added to get a good flavor and taste.
- In the Southern India, most of the time it is given to women who give birth to a child. If the mixture of powdered palm jaggery and black jeera are given to such women, then impurities in the breast milk would disappear and baby gets the white and clean milk during breast feeding. Even in the case of milking cows, the same thing is repeated after it gives birth to a calf.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)